Gearmate (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and we comply with the data protection laws applicable to the United Kingdom.
Data We Collect About You
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
- Your IP address and the IP address of the site that has referred you
- The web page that you may have linked from
- The type of internet browser you use
- The operating system platform that you may be running
- Search Words or Terms that are passed from a Search Engine
- Information you provide when registering with our website (including email address and name)
- Information you provide for subscribing to our emails and/or newsletters (including email address and name)
- Information relating to the purchase of our goods (including email address, name, delivery address, telephone number)
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that your send to us
How We Use the Data We Collect About You
We may use the information provided by you:
- To process your order and manage your account (if applicable)
- To contact you for your views on our services
- To notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
- To provide a more personalised online experience
- To keep you informed about our products and services on offer
- To ensure maximum compatibility for various browsers and operating systems
- To carry out research on our user’s demographics and track sales data
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
However, we may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to: sending postal mail and emails, processing financial transactions and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may have to disclose your information by law or because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked for it.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates, and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement, and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
You may request details of personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A small fee may be payable.
If the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at the address given above as soon as possible so that we can correct any inaccuracies.